Monday, January 2, 2017

Strengths Finding GREATER than Career Interest

I wanted to be a city manager as a junior in high school. In fact, my high school sweetheart and mother of our two beautiful girls would say the reason she was attracted to me was because I was not going to be an educator. Maybe I should have chosen a career as a professional kicker because I completely outkicked my coverage.

Get to the point Mr. Lahm, and I can already say that the point has been made to the audience. Had I chosen a career path rather than focusing on my strengths, I do not know where I would be with my life. Had I wanted to be a professional kicker (career), I would not be able to support my beautiful family because I would not have a job.

Strengths finding is greater than career interest because who we are is more important than what we do. More to come later on this topic, but something to think about as our nation pursues this idea of career and college ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment